We are looking for one talented individual to join our team. The successful candidate will provide support to our lawyers and law clerks. They will have a strong work ethic, be collaborative, professional, adaptable, positive and interested in their work.
The hours of work are from 9:00 am to 6:00 pm
At Zomorodi Law, success means:
- A strong client service approach – ready, willing, and able.
- Impeccable proofreading and grammar skills.
- Being organized, with high attention to detail and accuracy when completing tasks.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to be resourceful and work with minimal instruction or supervision.
- Being able to work within tight timelines to meet deadlines, reassessing priorities as needed and accountable to principal/supervisor.
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written) when dealing with lawyers, clients, staff and third parties.
- Fluency in second language is an asset, in particular the Farsi language.
- Being proactive and taking initiative in anticipation of next steps
- Answer incoming calls on a multi-line system and make outgoing calls to clients and third parties as needed.
- Greet visitors and make them feel welcome.
- Deal with couriers and handle, sort and distribute mail.
- Keep entrance, boardrooms and kitchen clean, orderly and tidy.
- Order supplies for the office.
- Open files and provide assistance to law clerks and lawyers as required.
- Copy, scan, file and other administrative duties.
- Managing the intake of work, prioritizing and coordinating to meet deadlines.
- Maintain calendar by entering and updating closing dates, relevant deadlines, court dates, and meetings. Ensure no conflict in calendar for scheduling meetings between legal team.
- Protect law firm’s reputation by keeping client information confidential.
- Prepare client and lender reports.
- Follow up on undertakings and close files as needed.
- Draft and send letters to various municipal, government and private institutions pre- and post-real estate closings.
- Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED Skills / Qualifications:
- University Degree or equivalent
- 1-2 years of relevant work experience
- Solid computer and typing skills; Proficient in MS Office Suite
- Knowledge of Conveyancer/Unity and PCLaw an asset
- Superior organizational skills
- Effective communication skills – orally and in writing
- Detail oriented with strong multi-tasking skills
- Experience in a law firm an asset
- Driver’s Licence required
- Farsi language an asset
This role reports to the Principal Lawyer and anyone assigned by her.
Background and Reference Checks
Any offer of employment may be conditional upon full background checks including a criminal record check, a credit check and employment and educational verifications. A reference check will also be conducted.
Qualified candidates are asked to submit their application by e-mail to email@example.com. Please indicate the reason you are applying for this position in your cover letter. We appreciate hearing from all qualified candidates, however, only those applicants whose background and experience match our requirements will be contacted.